Abbot Street, Rose Street, Ward Street, Smith Street Maitland
As Council progresses into their next stage of construction works at Abbot Street Maitland, temporary road closures will be implemented as follows:
- Abbot Street will be closed between Ward Street and Devonshire Street from Monday, 9 September 2019 to Friday, 8 November 2019 approximately (weather dependent).
- For local resident traffic only, the intersection of Abbot Street and High Street will be re-opened on Monday afternoon, 9 September 2019.
- For local resident and business access only, Ward Street, Rose Street and Smith Street can be accessed via High Street
- There will be no access from Ward Street, Abbot Street, Rose Street or Smith Street to Athel D’Ombrain Drive for the duration of works.
- During this period, there will be changes to the temporary traffic management of Ward Street, Maitland including temporary road closures. This will be updated on the MCC website at https://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/alerts/temporary-traffic-management-ward...
Resident and businesses affected by these works will be provided with access details for their property for the duration of these works. All non-local traffic will be detoured around works.
Council apologises for any inconvenience these temporary arrangements may cause.
Council's Civil Construction Team Leader onsite will be Andrew Macmillan. He can be contacted on 02 4934 9700.