Maitland at a glance
Maitland is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia with a growth rate consistently above 2% per annum.
DID YOU KNOW...
Maitland is the fastest growing regional city in NSW, now home to 83,203 residents
- Health care and social assistance is the number one sector for employment, providing 14.1% of the 28,318 jobs in Mailtand
- Financial and insurance services account for 30.1% of the 20,000+ registered ABNs in Maitland
- Construction generates 19.4% to Maitland's total business turnover (output), which is estimated at $9.02 billion
- Rental, hiring and real estate services represents 16.5% of Maitland's total $4.155 billion value-added across all industries
- Maitland's Gross Regional Product (GRP) is estimated at $4.544 billion and represents 9.47% of Hunter Region's GRP
Source: REMPLAN Economy