The Court House Building
Morpeth Courthouse was constructed in 1862 on land donated by Lieutenant Edward Close, the founder of Morpeth. The building was used as a courthouse and civic centre from 1862 until the importance of Morpeth as a commercial river port declined and there was less need for its services, court proceedings ceased in 1942.
The building was used as a recruitment office during the Second World War, a Red Cross station, Baby Health Centre, a Library, a residence and now a Museum.
- Download the Courthouse Plan